We all have some less than stellar beauty habits, but have you ever thought to think about how these are actually affecting you in the long term? When it comes to eyelashes, they can be pretty easily affected by anything to do with your eyes - here are some ways you might be damaging your eyelashes without even realising.
How to make eyelashes grow fast?
Our Eyelash Serum at UKLASH is a powerful gel that targets brittle, short and space lashes. It's also fortified with vitamins, extracts and peptides to nourish and infuse your eyelashes with what they need to look longer, fuller and voluminous in 25 days.
5 Ways You’re damaging your lashes without realising
1) Picking off lash extensions
This is a habit that I’ve seen a lot of women do, and I’m so surprised by it! After picking somewhere to go and take a chance with eyelash extensions, I’ve seen women absentmindedly picking off their eyelash extensions just as casually as twirling their hair.
This is horrible for your lashes for the number one reason that you’re super likely to accidentally pull out your own natural lash with the extension. Lash extension glue is meant to be incredibly long-wearing and keep the extension attached to the natural hair for as long as possible - so when you pick at it, something has to give. Whether that’s the glue or the root of your natural lash, I don’t want to find out!
This is the kind of habit that is especially damaging because now that lashes are already looking a little gappy, it’s tempting to even it out by pulling out even more. If you can’t live without your lash extensions, leave the removal to the experts!
2) Using a dirty eyelash curler
I know, all of us are guilty of letting that one sponge go a few too many times without washing, or that one face brush not get washed for weeks, but it’s a habit that needs to stop - and that includes letting your eyelash curler get grimy.
Eyelash curlers tend to get a buildup of eyeliner on them (not mascara - I hope you’re not using mascara before curling!) and that grime can well, get kind of sticky over time. If there’s enough buildup, it could potentially stick to your lashes and lead to some pretty awful results - as in, pulling out lashes!
Luckily, lash curlers are pretty easy to clean with some makeup remover on a cotton pad, or even with a makeup wipe - about once a week should be enough to stop any sticky grime from building up. It’s also important to check your lash curler pads, too. Over time, they can split and lashes can get caught and pulled out that way, too! Ideally, they should be replaced every three months.
3) Constantly rubbing your eyes
This is a big one, but a crucial one to stop. Rubbing your eyes is generally horrible for the entire eye area - seriously! Because the skin is so thin in the orbital area, excess tugging and pulling could exacerbate wrinkles, plus it can mess up your eyelashes - natural, false, and extensions!
That pressure and rubbing can accidentally pull out lashes, or straight up snap them off if they’re brittle and dry - so leave your eyes alone! If your eyes are feeling dry or irritated, there could be a medical reason such as allergies - in that case, consider using hydrating eye drops for relief.
4) Reusing dirty false eyelashes
This one is icky, but definitely, a common mistake that a lot of girls do! If you’re applying and removing false lashes properly, as in not ripping them off and thoroughly removing lash glue, they’re generally fine. And lashes can definitely be used more than once, depending on the quality. BUT, are the lashes being cleaned properly between uses?
Cleaning false lashes is a critical step for both natural lash and false lash care, but it can be tricky to clean lashes as the glue often dries down and looks invisible compared to the actual lash band. However, eyelashes can be easily cleaned with warm, soapy water (baby shampoo is best!) and an oil-based makeup remover to help dissolve the glue. Once all the residue is off the lashes, they can be left in a clean, safe spot to dry before using them again.
Using a pair of eyelashes that haven't been cleaned since the last time they were worn isn't just germy and a potential cause of irritation, the glue build up makes it harder and harder to remove false lashes safely. Safely as in, without pulling any out.
5) Pulling while curling your lashes
While curling eyelashes is a pretty straightforward technique, there are a lot of variations that could go wrong for your lashes! When you’ve got all your lashes in the curler and are gently squeezing a curl into your lashes, your hand shouldn’t move or waver.
There are some tips out there that suggest gently pulling while curling for a perfect lash curve, but this is super risky for your lashes. Even the slightest movement could yank out a few! Always keep your hands steady and squeeze gently for perfect, fluttery lashes - no gaps from lashes being accidentally pulled out.
Repair your damaged eyelashes with UKLASH Eyelash Growth Serum.
How long do eyelashes take to grow back?
It's safe to say that we all lose an eyelash here and there, and you probably don’t even notice. After all, we have around 90-160 eyelashes along your upper eyelid. So there’s no problem in missing an eyelash or two. However, if you start to notice a lot of eyelashes falling out in a short period of time, there may be an underlying issue.
Dont worry, we have all the answers here at UKLASH. The good news is that eyelashes do grow back, but some factors can slow down the process. If you want to learn more, check out our article on “how long it takes for eyelashes to grow back”.
Say goodbye to damaged lashes
So, now that you know the everyday reasons why your eyelashes are damaged, head over to UKLASH for all the hair growth products you need!
Women around the globe love our hair growth support products. We have +40,000 testimonials for our lash serums, brow serums and hair serums, and how they encourage hair growth - not only restoring your healthy locks but, more importantly, your confidence.
Refresh your hair with the best in hair supplements from UKLASH!
- In a world where the desire for luscious lashes is undeniable, lash serums have emerged as a game-changer, offering a solution for those who crave the allure of length without...
- Out of all the possible Black Friday beauty deals you could score this season, our beauty bundles available at UKLASH are what you should have your eyes on this season. ...
- Are you tired of battling those stubborn black circles that linger beneath your eyes, no matter how much sleep you get? If you’re wondering how to cover dark circles, look...
- Your eyebrows are a defining feature of your face, capable of enhancing your natural beauty and boosting your self-confidence. Well-shaped eyebrows can do wonders in framing your eyes and balancing...
- Eyebrows play a pivotal role in framing the face and expressing one's individuality. However, many of us have experienced the all-too-familiar mishap of over-plucking, waxing gone wrong, or even the...
- Introducing your ultimate guide for our UKLASH customers for debunking myths and uncovering the truth behind your favourite beauty and self-care products. In the age of social media, it's easy...
- So, you wish your eyebrows were thicker and shaped perfectly? Well, if you’re looking for how to get thicker eyebrows, you’ve come to the right place. You can include UKLASH...
- The trend cycle of eyebrows is one of varying extremes, from pencil-thin brows to fluffy brows and beyond, one thing always stays the same; healthy eyebrows will always be in...