Here at UKLASH, National Stress Awareness Month is extremely important to us, as one of the leading causes of hair loss is due to stress and anxiety. While we all deal with symptoms of stress from time to time, many struggle to live with these feelings, along with the consequences.
We want to remove the taboo from this important subject and bring it to light as much as possible. So keep on reading to discover more about National Stress Awareness Month, hair loss due to stress and anxiety and how this can be reversed for long and healthy hair this season.
Hair loss due to stress and anxiety
Of course, hair loss is never the only symptom of anxiety, but it is the most distressing one which usually adds fuel to the fire.
Stress can cause many conditions that lead to hair loss, including:
- Alopecia: Sudden loss of hair in areas around your scalp or hair loss that builds over time.
- Telogen Effluvium: This is a condition where more hairs than normal prepare to fall out.
- Trichotillomania: A condition caused by stress and anxiety where the person pulls out their hair, most times without even realising it.
Many people struggling with symptoms of stress and anxiety can suffer from nutritional deficiencies. Thus, a lack of vitamins will cause problems with growing back hair that naturally falls out each and every day.
Let's remember that while hair loss can be caused by stress and anxiety, hair loss can also be genetic. Oftentimes, this is the result of hormonal imbalances or a side effect of certain medications, but stress and anxiety can also be to blame.
Why does stress cause hair loss?
As mentioned previously, increased stress and anxiety can often cause nutritional deficiencies, making it difficult for hair to replace itself after it naturally falls out.
Yet, stress and hair loss don’t have to be permanent. If you can get your stress under control, your hair may grow back better than ever…
How to regain hair loss from stress?
To grow hair back after stress-related hair loss, healthy hair needs to be the focus and preventative measures should be taken. So, here are a few ways to help regrow healthy hair quickly:
1. Massage your scalp daily
One of the most underrated ways to help hair growth is scalp massagers, as they stimulate the scalp and increase blood flow to the hair follicle, which is the pocket from which the hair grows. This boosts follicle nutrition which can help your hair grow healthier.
2. Silk bedding & head wraps
Sleeping on cotton bedding can damage your remaining hair, as the rough texture can cause friction to your locks. So, wrap your head in a silk head wrap each night or opt for silk bedding (or just a pillowcase) to protect your new growth from unnecessary damage.
3. Invest in a Hair Growth Serum
Choosing a hair growth serum, like our UKLASH Hair Growth Serum can speed up the hair growth process, along with ensuring your new growth is healthy from root to tip. Our UK Hair Serum is formulated to fight hair loss and boost hair density and is packed with vitamins for thicker, denser, fuller and healthier hair growth.
4. Incorporate Hair Gummies into your routine
Why not pair the Hair Growth Serum with our UKLASH OMG! Hair Vitamins? Our delicious strawberry gummies are scientifically formulated with essential vitamins like Biotin, Vitamin C + E, folic acid and many more antioxidants to maintain healthy hair growth.
Why can’t I relax?
To put it simply, life can just be really tough. While it's easy to say “others have it worse”, we all go through ups and downs in life, which can cause increased stress and anxiety leading to hair loss. Therefore, it's important to find moments of peace and relaxation, whenever you can.
Relaxation is like brushing your teeth or drinking water - creating a consistent routine is important to maintain your mental and physical health. One of the best ways to ensure you relax each day is making sure you set aside some ‘self-care time’ each day.
Want to find out how to make your very own self-care box just for you? Click the link to create your own personal ‘me time’ that you deserve.
National Stress Awareness Month: The roundup
So, now that you know all about stress-related hair loss and how to overcome it, head over to UKLASH for all the hair growth products you need!
Women around the globe love our hair growth support products. We have +40,000 testimonials for our lash serums, brow serums and hair serums, and how they encourage hair growth - not only restoring your healthy locks but, more importantly, your confidence.
Refresh your hair with the best in hair supplements from UKLASH!
- In a world where the desire for luscious lashes is undeniable, lash serums have emerged as a game-changer, offering a solution for those who crave the allure of length without...
- Out of all the possible Black Friday beauty deals you could score this season, our beauty bundles available at UKLASH are what you should have your eyes on this season. ...
- Are you tired of battling those stubborn black circles that linger beneath your eyes, no matter how much sleep you get? If you’re wondering how to cover dark circles, look...
- Your eyebrows are a defining feature of your face, capable of enhancing your natural beauty and boosting your self-confidence. Well-shaped eyebrows can do wonders in framing your eyes and balancing...
- Eyebrows play a pivotal role in framing the face and expressing one's individuality. However, many of us have experienced the all-too-familiar mishap of over-plucking, waxing gone wrong, or even the...
- Introducing your ultimate guide for our UKLASH customers for debunking myths and uncovering the truth behind your favourite beauty and self-care products. In the age of social media, it's easy...
- So, you wish your eyebrows were thicker and shaped perfectly? Well, if you’re looking for how to get thicker eyebrows, you’ve come to the right place. You can include UKLASH...
- The trend cycle of eyebrows is one of varying extremes, from pencil-thin brows to fluffy brows and beyond, one thing always stays the same; healthy eyebrows will always be in...