Did you know that post covid hair loss is a real thing? Months after recovering from covid-19, many people find their hair is thinner than ever. But if we’ve learned anything from the pandemic, it's to expect the unexpected.
Many people experience changes in their body after covid, including a high fever. A few months after having a fever or recovering from illness, many people see noticeable hair loss.
Keep reading for the science behind why this happens and how to stop hair loss after covid.
Does covid cause hair loss?
Is covid linked to hair loss? Yes. Unfortunately, post covid is linked to hair loss in some cases.
Even though regular hair shedding is around 100 hairs per day (shedding during normal activities such as brushing or washing your hair), a normal and healthy growth cycle means that you don't lose too much hair at once, allowing your hair to stay the same thickness and density.
However, fever or illness can force more hairs into the shedding phase. Most people see noticeable hair shedding including eyelashes and eyebrows, two or three months after having covid-19.
This hair shedding can last for six to nine months before it eventually stops, leaving your hair thin and your self-confidence damaged.
Wondering how to stop hair loss after covid? First, we have to understand why this happens.
Why does post-covid hair loss happen?
There are multiple reasons why post covid hair loss happens, and we’ve rounded up the most primary causes.
Although post covid hair loss is a rather new phenomenon, experts suggest that many illnesses and chronic health issues can impact your health. The stress resulting from any of these infections is the number one cause of strain on your hair follicles.
Due to covid-19’s impact on the body's vital organs, there can be a high level of inflammation present in the body. This can interrupt the growth of hair follicles on the scalp, making the hair shed excessively.
While your body focuses on the damage caused by the virus, this can cause a weaker immunity along with nutritional deficiencies. This is the ultimate cause of excessive hair shedding.
How to stop hair loss after covid
Now that you know what causes post covid hair loss, what can be done and how do we stop it?
When it comes to supporting hair growth, it's important to take care of your hair, from root to tip. Here are our favourite tips for managing hair loss after covid:
1. Hair Treatments
Hair treatments like our UKLASH Hair Growth Serum are formulated to encourage growth from the scalp and can potentially thicken your hair, providing volume and density. Supporting hair growth straight from the roots can reduce excessive hair loss, allowing thicker and longer hair. Applied to hair once daily, hair serums are ideal for promoting hair growth for fuller hair.
2. Hair Vitamins
Hair vitamins can support hair growth, increasing the strength of your hair overall, while reducing breakage. Supporting longer, stronger hair straight from the root, our UKLASH OMG! Hair Vitamins ensure healthy hair re-growth. Antioxidants help to fortify follicles from the root, while biotin and other vitamins help to speed up the hair growth process. Our vitamins have the ingredients for thicker, more luscious hair in six months.
3. No Heat Styling
Avoiding excess heat when styling your hair is a must to give your hair a well-deserved rest and ensure your hair stays as healthy as possible. Heat styling can cause brittleness and dryness, causing hair to break and snap. This makes hair less dense along with potential length loss. Take a break from heat styling to keep your hair healthy from root to tip.
4. Eyebrow Serums
A proven method of bringing thinning eyebrows back to life is regular use of an eyebrow serum, such as UKBROW Eyebrow Serum. It’s conveniently formulated with a brush applicator to nourish existing brows from root to tip, helping to thicken existing brow hairs and support new growth for fuller eyebrows!
5. Eyelash serums
Using an eyelash serum like our UKLASH Eyelash Enhancer Serum is an amazing way to refresh your lashes. Targeting brittle, short and sparse lashes, our eyelash serum is a powerful way to infuse your lashes with natural vitamins, extracts and peptides, nourishing your eyelashes for a full and voluminous look in 25 days.
Best products for post-covid hair loss
So, now that you know how post covid hair loss works and the best tips for managing it, the next question is where to buy the best products for post-covid hair loss. We have you covered, right here at UKLASH!
Women around the globe love our hair growth support products. We have +40,000 testimonials
For our lash serums, brow serums and hair serums and how they have encouraged lash, eyebrow and hair growth. Not only restoring your healthy locks, but more importantly, your confidence too.
Refresh your hair with the best in hair supplements from UKLASH!
- In a world where the desire for luscious lashes is undeniable, lash serums have emerged as a game-changer, offering a solution for those who crave the allure of length without...
- Out of all the possible Black Friday beauty deals you could score this season, our beauty bundles available at UKLASH are what you should have your eyes on this season. ...
- Are you tired of battling those stubborn black circles that linger beneath your eyes, no matter how much sleep you get? If you’re wondering how to cover dark circles, look...
- Your eyebrows are a defining feature of your face, capable of enhancing your natural beauty and boosting your self-confidence. Well-shaped eyebrows can do wonders in framing your eyes and balancing...
- Eyebrows play a pivotal role in framing the face and expressing one's individuality. However, many of us have experienced the all-too-familiar mishap of over-plucking, waxing gone wrong, or even the...
- Introducing your ultimate guide for our UKLASH customers for debunking myths and uncovering the truth behind your favourite beauty and self-care products. In the age of social media, it's easy...
- So, you wish your eyebrows were thicker and shaped perfectly? Well, if you’re looking for how to get thicker eyebrows, you’ve come to the right place. You can include UKLASH...
- The trend cycle of eyebrows is one of varying extremes, from pencil-thin brows to fluffy brows and beyond, one thing always stays the same; healthy eyebrows will always be in...