Menopause Awareness Month: How Hair loss and menopause are linked
In support of Menopause Awareness Month, we feel it's important to shine a light on a topic that isn't spoken about nearly enough. Menopause and hair loss go hand in hand for many women. Studies show more than half of all women will experience a degree of menopause hair loss at some point in their life.
Menopause occurs when a woman has not had a menstrual period for at least a year. Yet, the reason menopause hair loss occurs actually happens years before the stage of menopause is official and long after the transition is complete.
If you are currently struggling with menopause and hair loss, other kinds of hair loss or are curious about the future, keep reading to discover why menopause hair loss happens, what can be done to stop it and real UKLASH reviews to put your mind at ease.
Why does menopause hair loss happen?
Happening throughout a woman's whole life, hormonal fluctuations are the main cause of hair loss associated with menopause, and it can occur during any of the three stages of menopause:
This is the time leading up the menopause when your hormone levels just begin to fluctuate. This usually starts sometime during your 40s and can last anywhere up to 10 years.
Menopause officially begins after 12 months without your period. This period is different for every woman, as every woman's cycle is completely unique. But the average age of menopause is around 52 years old.
Post-menopause begins after menopause is official and continues for the rest of your life.
During this period, estrogen and progesterone levels decline. These hormones play a huge role in promoting hair growth and health. Hence, when they stop, this can lead to thinning hair.
How to stop menopause hair loss
Now that you know what causes menopause hair loss, what can be done and how do we stop it?
Of course, you can try micro-needling or laser treatments, changing your diet and reducing stress, but these steps are expensive and take time.
When it comes to supporting hair growth, it's essential to take care of your hair, from root to tip. Here are our favourite tips for managing menopause hair loss:
- Hair Treatments
Hair treatments like our UKLASH Hair Growth Serum are formulated to encourage growth from the scalp and can potentially thicken your hair, providing volume and density. Supporting hair growth straight from the roots can reduce excessive hair loss, allowing thicker and longer hair. Applied to hair once daily, hair serums are ideal for promoting hair growth for fuller hair.
- Hair Vitamins
Hair vitamins can support hair growth, increasing the strength of your hair overall, while reducing breakage. Supporting longer, stronger hair straight from the root, our UKLASH OMG! Hair Vitamins ensure healthy hair re-growth. Antioxidants help to fortify follicles from the root, while biotin and other vitamins help to speed up the hair growth process. Our vitamins have the ingredients for thicker, more luscious hair in six months.
- No Heat Styling
Avoiding excess heat when styling your hair is a must to give your hair a well-deserved rest and ensure your hair stays as healthy as possible. Heat styling can cause brittleness and dryness, causing hair to break and snap. This makes hair less dense along with potential length loss. Take a break from heat styling to keep your hair healthy from root to tip.
- Eyebrow Serums
A proven method of bringing thinning eyebrows back to life is regular use of an eyebrow serum, such as UKBROW Eyebrow Serum. It’s conveniently formulated with a brush applicator to nourish existing brows from root to tip, helping to thicken existing brow hairs and support new growth for fuller eyebrows!
- Eyelash Serums
Using an eyelash serum like our UKLASH Eyelash Enhancer Serum is an amazing way to refresh your lashes. Targeting brittle, short and sparse lashes, our eyelash serum is a powerful way to infuse your lashes with natural vitamins, extracts and peptides, nourishing your eyelashes for a full and voluminous look in 25 days.
UKLASH Menopause Hair Loss Reviews
Sharon - "Menopause really thinned my eyelashes out. Within two weeks of using the serum, I could see a difference. After six weeks they were thicker and longer than they have ever been! I don't even bother with mascara anymore, I don't need it."
Rachel - "Since entering perimenopause and menopause my hair has become weaker and breaks more easily which includes eyelashes that are so short and sparse they are practically invisible. It’s taken over 3 months but with the use of a primer as well as mascara, I finally feel like I have eyelashes again!"
Anastasia - "To be honest, I was sceptical about using it at first. There are so many products promoting quick miracle results that never really work. I must admit UKLASH did prove me wrong! Being perimenopausal, I started losing my eyelashes and eyebrows. After using UKLASH serums I now have fuller eyebrows and longer eyelashes. My face looks younger. Thank you so much!"
Menopause Awareness Month: Best products for menopause hair loss
So, now that you know how menopause hair loss works and the best tips for managing it, the next question is where to buy the best products for menopause and hair loss. We have you covered, right here at UKLASH!
Women around the globe love our hair growth support products. We have +40,000 testimonials
For our lash serums, brow serums and hair serums and how they have encouraged lash, eyebrow and hair growth. Not only restoring your healthy locks but more importantly, your confidence too.
Refresh your hair with the best in hair supplements from UKLASH!
The Hair Loss Solution you need
- In a world where the desire for luscious lashes is undeniable, lash serums have emerged as a game-changer, offering a solution for those who crave the allure of length without...
- Out of all the possible Black Friday beauty deals you could score this season, our beauty bundles available at UKLASH are what you should have your eyes on this season. ...
- Are you tired of battling those stubborn black circles that linger beneath your eyes, no matter how much sleep you get? If you’re wondering how to cover dark circles, look...
- Your eyebrows are a defining feature of your face, capable of enhancing your natural beauty and boosting your self-confidence. Well-shaped eyebrows can do wonders in framing your eyes and balancing...
- Eyebrows play a pivotal role in framing the face and expressing one's individuality. However, many of us have experienced the all-too-familiar mishap of over-plucking, waxing gone wrong, or even the...
- Introducing your ultimate guide for our UKLASH customers for debunking myths and uncovering the truth behind your favourite beauty and self-care products. In the age of social media, it's easy...
- So, you wish your eyebrows were thicker and shaped perfectly? Well, if you’re looking for how to get thicker eyebrows, you’ve come to the right place. You can include UKLASH...
- The trend cycle of eyebrows is one of varying extremes, from pencil-thin brows to fluffy brows and beyond, one thing always stays the same; healthy eyebrows will always be in...