It's safe to say that finding split ends in your freshly styled hair is enough to give you the solid ick. Pesky damaged ends are something that we all have to deal with every now and then. But maybe there’s a way to reduce signs of splitting ends for healthier hair.
Keep reading for the 101 on all things split ends, what causes them, how to tell if you have them and healthy hair products you can use to reduce the effects of split ends.
What are split ends + How to tell if you have them?
What does damaged hair look like? We have you covered. Split ends are created due to the ends of your hair shaft fraying and eventually splitting into two or more pieces. The best way to check if you have split ends is to take a closer look at your hair strands.
Simply bend one strand with your finger and check if the shaft is ragged. If you notice your hair strands tangle easily, you probably have split ends. You can always ask your stylist for a second opinion during your next session.
Split ends hair: What causes split ends?
So, to know how to fix split ends, first we need to take a deep dive into what causes them. There are many factors that can damage your hair – here are some of the most common:
- Everyday heat damage
- Chemical damage
- Avoiding heat protectant
- Sleeping with wet hair on a rough pillow
- Not ensuring frequent hair trims
- Washing your locks way too often
Curling or straightening, bleaching and overwashing are very common in the hair industry, so don't feel too bad if you do these things frequently – ‘Everything in moderation’ is the key. Talk to your stylist about your hair concerns. Your stylist may be able to recommend at home remedies or hair products to keep your mane in perfect condition.
Cutting split ends: Exactly how to trim split ends
First, decide whether you want a big chop or a trim. Your hairstylist can recommend a haircut for your face shape that best suits you while giving your split ends the chop. Don't worry, if you’re trying to grow your hair, no one will force you to rock a bob. You can achieve your goals by layering or feathering your hair, which will grant you an additional layer of texture.
How to ditch the split ends without cutting your hair
Does the idea of sacrificing your luscious locks stress you out? Don't worry, there are many ways to get rid of dead ends without the dreaded chop. To prevent split ends, consider taking these steps:
- Try deep conditioning treatments containing keratin
- Fall in love with hair masks
- Swap your shampoo for ones packed with moisture
- Ditch the products containing sulfates
- Pick up UKLASH! hair products
Packed with vitamins for thicker, denser, fuller and healthier hair – Our hair products at UKLASH nourish your locks from the inside out, whilst fighting breakage.
If you give your hair and scalp the love they deserve, they will love you back. That way, when your split ends do need the chop, you can rest assured that none of your precious length is sacrificed.
How to get rid of split ends? Introducing UKLASH!
So, now you know the 101 on split ends and how to get rid of them, we have you covered with healthy hair products, right here at UKLASH.
We have +40,000 testimonials from around the globe for our hair serums, brow serums, and lash serums and how they have encouraged hair, lash and eyebrow growth. Not only restoring healthy hair but more importantly, your confidence too.
Refresh your hair with the best in hair supplements from UKLASH!
The healthy hair tools you need
- Wondering how to get thicker hair? Struggling with thinning or lackluster hair is a common concern for many, and the quest for thicker locks often feels like an elusive goal....
- In a world where the desire for luscious lashes is undeniable, lash serums have emerged as a game-changer, offering a solution for those who crave the allure of length without...
- Out of all the possible Black Friday beauty deals you could score this season, our beauty bundles available at UKLASH are what you should have your eyes on this season. ...
- Are you tired of battling those stubborn black circles that linger beneath your eyes, no matter how much sleep you get? If you’re wondering how to cover dark circles, look...
- Your eyebrows are a defining feature of your face, capable of enhancing your natural beauty and boosting your self-confidence. Well-shaped eyebrows can do wonders in framing your eyes and balancing...
- Eyebrows play a pivotal role in framing the face and expressing one's individuality. However, many of us have experienced the all-too-familiar mishap of over-plucking, waxing gone wrong, or even the...
- Introducing your ultimate guide for our UKLASH customers for debunking myths and uncovering the truth behind your favourite beauty and self-care products. In the age of social media, it's easy...
- So, you wish your eyebrows were thicker and shaped perfectly? Well, if you’re looking for how to get thicker eyebrows, you’ve come to the right place. You can include UKLASH...