Of course, there are ways to reduce hair damage by the sun so you don’t have to miss out on all your summer plans, you just have to know what steps to take. That's what we’re here for at UKLASH.
Keep on reading for everything you need to know about sun-damaged hair and how you can ensure healthy hair, all season long.Also, before you fly off to your dream vacation, make sure to check out our travel-sized toiletries article, for everything you need to know on travelling with your essentials.
It can change your hair colour
You may notice that a few days on vacation can cause you to come home with slightly lighter strands, depending on your hair type. Yes, that’s right, even without bleach, your hair can change colour in the sun. While this might be good news to some, this is a sign that your hair has taken a hit from the sun's rays.
It can make your hair dry and brittle
The sun can cause significant damage to your hair, just like overusing your straighteners. If you notice that your hair is starting to feel ‘straw-like’, it may be a sign that it's getting damaged. This can lead to a repetitive loop of even more breakage and split ends over time.
How to reverse sun-damaged hair
Keep your hair out of the sun
If you really care about the health of your hair, opt for a hat when the sun starts shining. We know, it's not ideal. But to guarantee the health of your hair, this is always an option.
Use a hair growth serum
Our UKLASH Hair Growth Serum is formulated to help fight hair loss and boost hair density. Packed with vitamins for thicker, denser, fuller and healthier hair growth, this is an excellent serum to apply daily, especially after a dreamy day in the sunshine.
Take it a step further and invest into some UKLASH Hair Vitamins for fuller and thicker-looking hair. Including essential vitamins like Biotin, Vitamin C + E, Folic Acid and many more antioxidants to maintain healthy hair growth throughout summer and beyond.
Can I use sunscreen on my scalp? Yes, you can!
While the desire to protect your hair from the sun may mostly come from the idea to keep your hair shiny and manageable, it’s important to note that our scalp requires more hefty protection from the sun.
Here’s how to apply your hair sunscreen before going out in the sun:
Start with clean, dry hair. You can either apply the hair sunscreen before or after styling it.
- Hold the bottle about six inches away from your hair and spray evenly across your hair.
- Focus extra time on the top of your head (where your hair splits into a part). This is where your hair is most exposed to direct sunlight.
- Use your fingers or a comb to distribute the product throughout your hair, covering all areas.
- Let the hair sunscreen dry completely before going outside.
Healthy Hair Season, all year long
So, now that you've discovered how to take care of sun-damaged hair, we have you covered with healthy hair products, right here at UKLASH.
We have +40,000 testimonials from around the globe for our hair serums, brow serums, and lash serums and how they have encouraged hair, lash and eyebrow growth. Not only restoring healthy hair but more importantly, your confidence too.
Discover the best hair supplements from UKLASH!
- In a world where the desire for luscious lashes is undeniable, lash serums have emerged as a game-changer, offering a solution for those who crave the allure of length without...
- Out of all the possible Black Friday beauty deals you could score this season, our beauty bundles available at UKLASH are what you should have your eyes on this season. ...
- Are you tired of battling those stubborn black circles that linger beneath your eyes, no matter how much sleep you get? If you’re wondering how to cover dark circles, look...
- Your eyebrows are a defining feature of your face, capable of enhancing your natural beauty and boosting your self-confidence. Well-shaped eyebrows can do wonders in framing your eyes and balancing...
- Eyebrows play a pivotal role in framing the face and expressing one's individuality. However, many of us have experienced the all-too-familiar mishap of over-plucking, waxing gone wrong, or even the...
- Introducing your ultimate guide for our UKLASH customers for debunking myths and uncovering the truth behind your favourite beauty and self-care products. In the age of social media, it's easy...
- So, you wish your eyebrows were thicker and shaped perfectly? Well, if you’re looking for how to get thicker eyebrows, you’ve come to the right place. You can include UKLASH...
- The trend cycle of eyebrows is one of varying extremes, from pencil-thin brows to fluffy brows and beyond, one thing always stays the same; healthy eyebrows will always be in...