As we head into the autumn season, we’re preparing for the usual question - ‘Why is my skin so dry, even when I moisturise?’.
Dry skin from time to time is inevitable, especially as the weather changes and the sun's rays stop providing us with the all-important vitamin D we need.
Don’t worry. There are plenty of ways to inject moisture into your skin throughout the day. Keep reading to have all your dry skin questions answered at UKLASH.
How to treat dry skin around eyes?
When treating dry skin around your eyes, it's essential to remember that the skin around your eyes is much thinner than the rest of your skin.
Therefore, it isn't as good at retaining moisture and tends to become dry over time (especially over the autumn and winter months). This can be highly uncomfortable and annoying, with flakiness, itchiness, cracks and redness.
There are a few simple steps you can take to treat dry skin around eyes, including:
Incorporating hydra-gel patches into your routine
Our UKLASH Hydra-Gel Eye Patches instantly rejuvenate and restores under-eyes.
Containing multiple sizes of Hyaluronic acid to improve the look of fine lines, crow’s feet and under-eye darkness, Vegan Collagen helps smooth and soften the look of fine lines, while Caffeine helps de-puff the look of the eye area and helps diminish the appearance of dark circles and dry skin.
You can be sure that our Hydra Gel Patches will restore undereye moisture. Simply use the spectacular to lift two eye patches out of the box and apply under your eyes for 10-15 minutes.
Find a hydrating Lash & Brow Wash
This nourishing and hydrating, scientifically proven 3-in-1 Lash & Brow wash is formulated with gentle micelles that work to dissolve and lift away even waterproof makeup and daily build-up without irritating the skin.
Gentle enough for everyday use on the delicate eye area, this non-stripping micellar water helps to restore the skin’s moisture barrier, while nourishing plant extracts, including Aloe Vera & Apple Water hydrate and soothe for a calm, clean eye area and lash lines.
Dry skin around nose explained
Dry skin can cover your whole body, or stick to just one area, and it can arise in patches - like around your nose. This can happen more often around the colder months. So, let's get to the bottom of why this happens:
- Hot showers and indoor heating: When it's freezing outside, it's natural to turn your heating up or take a hot shower. However, this can disturb the skin's barrier, causing dryer skin than usual.
- Sun exposure: Harmful UV rays can cause burns, leading to breakouts and flaky skin. Consult a healthcare professional if you see irregular dry skin patches.
- Allergies or colds: Have you ever had a cold and found yourself blowing your nose every 20 minutes? We’ve all been there. The act of rubbing a tissue across your nose repeatedly can lead to dry skin patches.
- Drying skincare ingredients: Watch out for drying ingredients such as tea tree oil, black soap, or products containing alcohol. Rest assured, here at UKLASH, we only include hydrating and moisturising ingredients in every product we create.
- Natural ageing: As we age, it's typical for our skin to produce less sebum (the building blocks of natural moisture). Therefore, as we age, it's essential to invest in moisturising skincare products, like our Lash & Brow wash.
- Underlying medical conditions: It's important to note that if you’re still asking, ‘Why is my skin so dry even when I moisturise’, the reason may be more profound than just the weather. Many forms of skin inflammation may need a diagnosis from a Doctor. So, if you are worried about your skin, consult your healthcare provider.
Moisturiser for dry skin: The routine you need
To add daily moisture into your skin, we recommend following this everyday skincare routine:
- Firstly, use an exfoliator at least three times a week to gently remove excess dry skin.
- Go in with a cleanser, like our Lash & Brow wash - a face wash designed to add moisture and rejuvenate the skin.
- Utilise a targeted treatment such as retinol at night and vitamin C in the morning.
- Apply our UKLASH Hydra Gel Patches and let them sit for 15 minutes. This is the perfect time to make a hot chocolate, read a book or scroll on TikTok.
- Finish with your favourite hydrating moisturiser, and if needed, apply a face oil overnight to lock in moisture, ensuring you wake up feeling fresh-faced.
To learn more about our products at UKLASH, check out our article Behind The Science at UKLASH article now.
Why is my skin so dry? The Roundup
So, now that you've discovered why your skin is so dry, even when you moisturise, and how to prevent this, we have you covered with healthy hair products, right here at UKLASH.
We have +40,000 testimonials from around the globe for our hair serums, brow serums, and lash serums and how they have encouraged hair, lash and eyebrow growth. Not only restoring healthy hair but, more importantly, your confidence too.
Discover the best hair supplements from UKLASH!