Wondering why is my hair falling out in the shower? We discuss how to stop hair shed in 3 easy steps, along with delving into all things Autumn Shed.
Why is my hair falling out in the shower?
So, you’re 30 minutes into your everything-shower, you look down and realise there's a clump of hair sitting on top of your shower drain that is suspiciously large. If you’ve questioned ‘why is my hair falling out in the shower?’ Don't worry, you’re certainly not the only one.
Before you panic, be aware that this may be completely normal; a certain amount of hair loss is natural and necessary for the health of your hair overall. However, you should be paying attention to the amount of hair shedding in particular.
Once again, the amount can vary from occasion to occasion, especially in the autumn months (this is known as the Autumn shed, but more on this later). So, if you want to know more about why your hair is falling out in the shower, keep reading here at UKLASH.
How much hair is normal to lose in the shower?
According to a recent study, the average person loses between 50 to 100 hairs a day, depending on the type of hair. If you’re wondering what does 100 hairs look like, it's honestly less than you might expect. Hence, it's important to note that this type of hair loss isn't really considered hair loss at all - rather, hair shedding.
Hair shedding is simply the natural process of your hair falling out daily, while hair loss refers to the inability to grow back hair due to a variety of factors.
Hair falling out in the shower: 3 Ways to stop it for good
1 - Regularly use a Hair Mask
Introducing our UKLASH Hair Mask - The ultimate silicone-free hair mask to rejuvenate your hair from the inside out! This clinically proven avocado hair mask is cruelty-free, vegan-friendly, and infused with nourishing ingredients to deeply condition your hair, while improving shine, elasticity and texture.
Formulated for all hair types, our hydrating hair mask is the fast-track product for healthier and stronger hair strands.
Wondering why you need a hair mask? We have all the info right here on our blog.
2 - Try Amino Acid based Shampoo & Conditioners
Amino acids help build protein, and since your hair is made of protein, they are made out of amino acids. Hence, it's important to boost the amount of protein your hair is receiving in the form of amino acids for hair products like our shampoo and conditioner.
Say hello to our brand-new shampoo and conditioner at UKLASH! Nourishing your hair from within, our new products are formulated to encourage healthy hair growth alongside our Hair Vitamins and Hair Growth Serum.
Our UKLASH Shampoo & Conditioner is formulated to help fight hair loss and boost hair density and is packed with amino acids for thicker, denser, fuller and healthier hair growth.
3 - Invest in Hair Growth Products
Treat yourself to our UKLASH OMG! Hair Vitamins - Tasty chewy vitamins that are scientifically formulated with essential vitamins like Biotin, Vitamin C + E, Folic Acid and many more antioxidants to maintain healthy hair growth
Don’t forget to pick up our UKLASH Hair Growth Serum. Our serum is specifically formulated to help fight hair loss and boost hair density. Packed with vitamins for thicker, denser, fuller and healthier hair growth.
This is the duo you need if you’re questioning ‘why is my hair falling out in the shower!
Seasonal Hair Loss FAQs
What month is seasonal hair loss?
Seasonal hair loss, also known as seasonal shedding, typically occurs during the autumn months, particularly in September and October. This phenomenon is influenced by the changing seasons and is believed to be a natural response to prepare the body for the colder winter months. During this time, you may notice increased hair falling out in the shower, but it's usually temporary, and hair growth typically returns to normal in the following months.
Why do I lose more hair in Autumn?
You may lose more hair in autumn due to a natural shedding process triggered by changes in daylight and temperature, which can result in increased hair loss during this season.
To understand more, why not check out our hair lifecycle article on our UKLASH Blog.
How long does seasonal hair loss last?
Seasonal hair loss typically lasts for a few weeks to a couple of months. It's a temporary phenomenon, and the duration can vary from person to person. Generally, as the body adjusts to the seasonal changes, hair shedding increases, and then hair growth gradually returns to normal.
How can I stop seasonal hair loss?
Remember that preventing seasonal hair loss entirely may be challenging, as it's a natural process for many people. However, you can minimise its impact by maintaining a healthy lifestyle and hair care routine. Ensure you have a balanced diet rich in nutrients, especially vitamins and minerals like biotin, zinc, and iron, which support hair health.
Achieve healthy hair throughout every season of life.
So, now your question ‘why is my hair falling out in the shower’ has been answered, we have you covered with healthy hair products, right here at UKLASH.
We have +65,000 testimonials from around the globe for our hair serums, brow serums, and lash serums and how they have encouraged hair, lash and eyebrow growth. Not only restoring healthy hair but, more importantly, your confidence too.
Refresh your hair with the best in hair supplements from UKLASH!
- 3 reviewsThe Ultimate Hair Growth KitFor Longer & Fuller-looking Hair
- 4 reviewsUklash Hair MaskProtect & Repair Your Hair
- 159 reviewsUklash Hair Shampoo & ConditionerFor Longer & Fuller-looking Hair
- 1,608 reviewsUklash OMG! Hair VitaminsFor Fuller & Thicker and Healthier-looking Hair
- In a world where the desire for luscious lashes is undeniable, lash serums have emerged as a game-changer, offering a solution for those who crave the allure of length without...
- Out of all the possible Black Friday beauty deals you could score this season, our beauty bundles available at UKLASH are what you should have your eyes on this season. ...
- Are you tired of battling those stubborn black circles that linger beneath your eyes, no matter how much sleep you get? If you’re wondering how to cover dark circles, look...
- Your eyebrows are a defining feature of your face, capable of enhancing your natural beauty and boosting your self-confidence. Well-shaped eyebrows can do wonders in framing your eyes and balancing...
- Eyebrows play a pivotal role in framing the face and expressing one's individuality. However, many of us have experienced the all-too-familiar mishap of over-plucking, waxing gone wrong, or even the...
- Introducing your ultimate guide for our UKLASH customers for debunking myths and uncovering the truth behind your favourite beauty and self-care products. In the age of social media, it's easy...
- So, you wish your eyebrows were thicker and shaped perfectly? Well, if you’re looking for how to get thicker eyebrows, you’ve come to the right place. You can include UKLASH...
- The trend cycle of eyebrows is one of varying extremes, from pencil-thin brows to fluffy brows and beyond, one thing always stays the same; healthy eyebrows will always be in...